Located in VA facilities in the Chicago area, Paralyzed Veterans of America National Service Officers (NSO) who are highly trained in VA law, benefits, and healthcare, help to ensure that veterans receive every benefit to which they are entitled. Just some of the benefits in which we assist veterans and family members include:
- Service Connected compensation
- Non-Service Connected pension
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (for survivors of veterans)
- Reimbursement of emergency medical expenses
- Home health care
- Clothing allowances
- Specially adapted housing
- Automobile grant and adaptive equipment
- Special monthly compensation
- and many others...
Service officers directly monitor health care through constant visits to VA and private medical facilities across the country. Our service officers also visit state veterans homes, private nursing homes, and provide support and training assistance to local county veteran service officers.