Membership is free and open to qualified individuals. Paralyzed Veterans of America's President invites you to join our more than 19,000 members today and have your voice, energy and efforts assist others living with spinal cord injury and disease.
- Who is Eligible to Join PVA?
- Any individual who meets the following criteria is eligible to join Paralyzed Veterans of America:
- A citizen of the United States
- A veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces whose discharge was other than dishonorable
- An individual who has suffered a spinal cord injury as a result of trauma or disease, which results in paralysis of more than one limb.* (Note: The injury or disease onset could have occurred after discharge/retirement from military service.)
* Some examples of spinal cord diseases are:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Spina bifida
- Spinal stenosis
- Tumors of the spinal cord
The above list is not all-inclusive. Therefore, if your condition is not listed, or if you have any questions, contact us.
How can you make a difference? By joining Paralyzed Veterans of America, you have the opportunity to have your voice, your energy and your efforts assist others. Upon joining you will begin to receive your chapter's newsletter as well as notifications of upcoming events and meetings. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in many programs, including volunteering and sporting events.
Should you choose not to be associated with a chapter, your membership status will be Member-At-Large.