Our mission is to be the leading advocate for our members though the work performed in the following mandatory programs:
- Hospital Liaison
- Sports and Recreation.
Our goals are:
- To advocate for, and monitor the delivery of, high quality and appropriate health care benefits and services;
- To assist in identifying and securing veterans’ benefits and other benefits for spinal cord injured and diseased veterans and others as appropriate;
- To promote medical research to cure spinal cord dysfunction and other related problems;
- To educate society on the attitudinal, physical and legal barriers which confront persons with disabilities and to influence the removal of those barriers;
- To provide information to and opportunities for, health promotion, recreation, employment, sports, services and camaraderie for spinal cord injured and diseased veterans and others as appropriate;
- To provide for cooperation with and seek the support of other groups and individuals who share PVA’s objectives;
- To acquaint the public with the current and ongoing needs and current and past contributions of America’s veterans;
- To acquaint the public with simple and effective means for reducing the risk of or preventing spinal cord injury and to promote involvement of the public in national and local activities that support PVA’s mission.